We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 post
Save Topic

First time visiting Columbus and I'm looking for a couple of good places to get sushi. I'd really appreciate any advice as to where to go for a good meal as I will be traveling alone and know absolutely nobody in the city! Thanks a ton for any feedback. :)

Louisville KY
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sushi!

Same here...traveling to Columbus for two days and looking for a great sushi place. Thanks for any input!

Columbus, OH
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: sushi!

The best place I have found is Restaurant Japan. Driving directions: take I-270 W to SR 315. Take 315 South and then take the Henderson Rd exit. At end of exit you will come to a light - turn left and then at the next light turn right (this is Henderson Rd). Take Henderson to Kenney Rd and turn left. At first light turn right. On your left will be a large parking lot - turn in and park there. There are all sorts of Asian establishments - Seafood Japan (market) is right next to the parking lot. You will see signs for Restaurant Japan - or just ask anyone. Enjoy!!!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sushi!

Sorry for the late response, hope I'm not too late. One of the coolest spots is Kooma located downtown. It's a small spot but it's right in the middle of two popluar areas of town, The Short North and The Arena District. This area has lots of cool restaurants and bars and is right near our downtown shopping mall, The Columbus City Center.

Every now and then at Kooma they have a DJ that spins a nice mix of new age trendy music in the background (not loud or annoying). We'll often stop there just before heading to Brothers, where you can get $1 beers and $2 dollar mixed drinks for happy hour.

Another great place is Restaurant Hama in the Easton Town Center. This is located off of I-270 on the north east part of town. Easton is the best shopping complex in the city with tons of stores, restaurants and bars. We often hit Restaurant Hama on one of our "Easton Bar Hopping Tours".

Here are a few links with more info:

(Have Fun and Party On!)

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sushi!

There is a little restaurant in Dublin, Ohio called Yoshi's. Yoshi is a delight and his sushi is even better. If you get off of 270 at the Tuttle crossing exit you will head east and that will run right into Frantz Road. Turn right and at the first traffic light turn left into the strip mall. Yoshi would love to see you!

Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sushi!

oh kewl

Level Contributor
979 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sushi!

Ditto restaurant Hamma in Easton. Wonderful bento boxes.

Don't forget Otani over my way, 161 and I-71.

I also love Haiku in the short north. Great noodle dishes, too.