We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Dayton Relocation - help needed

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
South Dayton Relocation - help needed

I'm considering a relocation to the South of Dayton, OH from the UK with my family this year.

Could you please give me some advice on the best neighborhoods for housing and schools (my son will turn 9 in the summer)?

Thanks

Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
283 posts
323 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Dayton Relocation - help needed

I live north of I70, so not much help; I know lots of folks who like Springboro and Centerville. Good luck!

Ohio
Level Contributor
106 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Dayton Relocation - help needed

Hi there acciesfan.

I grew up just south of Dayton, live there now and have lived in Dayton proper as well. Depending on how far south of Dayton you'd like to be- I'd suggest Springboro. It's growing very quickly, lots of housing options (taxes are a little on the high side) and plenty to keep the family busy. Location is fantastic as well because of it's proximity to I75 which gets you to both Dayton and Cincinnati relatively quickly.

Best of luck!

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: South Dayton Relocation - help needed

I grew up in the Centerville area....Many good schools,shopping,restaurants,quiet neighborhoods.This is a very large community.There are several Elementary schools to choose from as well as Middle Schools.

Springboro has grown leaps and bounds,but I do not here many good things.

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: South Dayton Relocation - help needed

Thanks for all your replies - I'll be back asking for more help when I get more details from my employer!

Acciesfan

Dayton, OHIO
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Dayton Relocation - help needed

I would highly suggest Centerville. Their schools are rated excellent. It's close to everything you need and want. What area will you work in? Springboro is a nice area but they are having problems passing their tax levies. It has built up a lot over the last 5 years or so and it has left the schools a little overcrowded. I live in Waynesville which is very small....1 elementary school, 1 middle school, and a high school. I think there's only about 150 kids per grade. Whereas Centerville graduates about 700+ kids per year. So a lot depends on what you want for your child.

6. Re: South Dayton Relocation - help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 07:17