We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago to Pittsburgh in mid-August

los angeles
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Chicago to Pittsburgh in mid-August

I'm taking a few days to travel with my family (two teens) from Chicago to Pittsburgh in mid-August. Travelling across the 80/90 to the 30 South.

Any suggestions of places to go, things to see along this route?

Thanks in advance

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago to Pittsburgh in mid-August

It's great, I think, that you're allowing some time to have fun together before your daughter starts at CMU. What are your teens' interests? Rollercoasters? Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH, is worth a stop. Music? Sports? How about the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, where you can also catch an Indians game (playing LA August 15-17).

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago to Pittsburgh in mid-August

plenty to do along the lake erie shore. if you're into amusement parks, visit the one ranked best in the world, Cedar Point in Sandusky. look into doing a day trip to one of the lake erie islands, put-in-bay (a mini key west of sorts), or kelleys island (quiet, more family orientated). or stop at the roack and roll hall of fame in cleveland. also tons of wineries in northern ohio as well.

3. Re: Chicago to Pittsburgh in mid-August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 07:21