We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for great weekend getaway between Cleve and Pitt

n.e.ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for great weekend getaway between Cleve and Pitt

My husband isnt getting a vaca from his work this year so we are trying to find the best value for a weekend getaway- maybe a nice weekend package at a nice hotel- can anyone say where they have stayed and loved it? We would like a nice indoor pool and nicer amenities and of course great restaurants near by. We have done Cleveland in years past and a bit of Columbus, anyway Thanks for your help in advance!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for great weekend getaway between Cleve and Pitt

Well, this is east of Pittsburgh, but what about Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in the Laurel Highands:

www.laurelhighlands.org

www.nemacolin.com

I have been to Nemacolin and it is very nice. Seven Springs Resort is also close by and more reasonable in price.

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for great weekend getaway between Cleve and Pitt

There are several hotels at Easton in Columbus, the Hilton being my favorite. Also, Cherry Valley Lodge was nice. The Avalon Inn is in a good location. Let us know what you decide. I would suggest The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake but it looks like you are from NE OH.

n.e.ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for great weekend getaway between Cleve and Pitt

Thank You for the suggestion, We have a son in Pittsburgh and visit the area often, so we will check out the resorts, Thanks!

n.e.ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for great weekend getaway between Cleve and Pitt

I will check out Cherry Lodge and it is good to hear a reccomendation for Hilton in Easton, will look into it. Yes , we are loving the Lodge at Geneva on the Lake!- We have been there 3 times overnite and visit it at sunset thru out the year, but can't wait for the Summer-Thanks very much :)

5. Re: Suggestions for great weekend getaway between Cleve and Pitt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 05:16