We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

MI
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

I live near Detroit and want to go to a quaint town in Ohio for two or three days to explore and ride bike trails. Can someone help with suggestions?

Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
283 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

Yellow Springs is a great little town right on the bike trail. Tipp City is also a nice little town; I walked the bike trail there this week for the first time and enjoyed it. You could spend time in both and just drive between the two; it's maybe 45 minutes between them.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

Loveland and Yellow Springs are both great, quaint little towns that offer Loveland-Miami trail bike trail access. Yellow Springs also has a lot of other attractions to offer, cute shops, unique food, other State Parks and natural areas to visit, explore and hike at, like Clifton Mill and Clifton Gorge, John Bryan State Park, Youngs Jersey Dairy, and Glen Helen. It's also not far off of I-75, so would be easily accessible to you coming from Detroit. Also within an easy drive is the Air Force museum at Wright - Pat. It's free to visit.

There is also a nice bike trail from Athens, Ohio to Nelsonville. That is in the heart of SE Ohio, the region known as Hocking HIlls. Great hiking, exploring, waterfalls, and more natural areas.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

don't forget about the Towpath Trail along the cuyahoga valley national park! Great for bike riding and there are trails off the Towpath to explore, etc. Stops along the way in very small towns and villages - including Penisula where you can hop on the train for about $5 and take it up to the next stop!!!

goes right along the erie canal!

nps.gov/cuva/ohio-and-erie-canal-towpath-tra…

MI
Level Contributor
68 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

Thanks for the suggestions. I love the towpath - my favorite trail and I hope to go there again soon. We have stayed in Stow twice to ride that trail. Can anyone suggest accomdations, both in Stow or in Yellow Springs. Thanks again.

Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
283 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

www.arthurmorganhouse.com The closest motels would be in Springfield, not much in Yellow Springs proper. This B&B looks nice, however.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

There are two bed & breakfast places near the park: The Inn at Brandywine Falls, in Boston Heights, and the Shady Oaks Farm in Northfield.

The Marriott Courtyard in Stow would be a nice place, also in downtown Cuyahoga Falls is the Sheraton on the Falls - killer brunch on Sundays! The dining room sits right above the falls. Very close to LeFevers Restaurant - nice place to eat

7. Re: Ohio getaway for biking and exploring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 05:17