We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

My husband can't do a lot of hiking but we enjoy short jaunts and scenic drives with drop your jaw gorgeous sites. Are there such vistas in Hocking HIlls State Park?

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

Ash Cave is a short walk. The trail to the cave and falls is flat. Ash Cave is beautiful and worth a visit.

Rock House is a short walk, but downhill to the cave with an uphill return.

Old Man's cave is a long trail that goes seriously downhill and uphill return.

Cedar Falls is a short trail, but steps and an upill return.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

Conkle's Hollow is level. (as is Ash Cave mentioned above) Hocking Hills is a pretty area-- scenic drives? sure-- winding roads thru wooded areas. Vistas? not really.

The turn off from Rt 33 to Clearcreek Metro Park is a really pretty drive.

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

Thank you, Trip Advisors. As always, I appreciate all of your help.

ohio
Level Contributor
123 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

I know you said you aren't hikers -- consider Ziplining ! There is a great zipline course - Hocking Hills Canopy Tours in Logan, on the western side of Hocking Hills. We are in our mid 50s and have zipped here twice. Little hiking, tho of course you are up in the treetops for about 2 hours zipping from tree to tree. Beatiful private acreage - see the Hocking River, caves, streams, ancient and beautiful trees. Small groups (about 8 per group, with two guides) -- guides provide great nature stories, corny jokes- this is lots of fun.

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

I want to sincerely thank each of you posters for your wonderful suggestions. We did each of them except for the zip lining. I couldn't talk my husband into doing it, but I am sure we would have loved it.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

wonderful! so glad you enjoyed the area.

7. Re: Hocking Hills Suggestions for 50+ Year Olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2011, 05:16