We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A place to stopover near Elyria or Lorain OH

Winterport, Maine
Level Contributor
240 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
A place to stopover near Elyria or Lorain OH

We're planning a big road trip later this month and we're looking to break up a long drive between Niagra Falls and Chicago. Elyria or Lorain OH seem like logical midway points. Does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive hotels or motels in that area?

Also for this leg of the trip we're looking for a low key, inexpensive place to just crash - so no need to mention Cleveland, Columbus or Toledo.

Thanks!

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A place to stopover near Elyria or Lorain OH

You might want to consider Westlake. It's one of Cleveland's better suburbs, but with a wide range of hotel options:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g51139-d95225-R…

Personally, I would prefer to stay in Westlake rather than in the Lorain/Elyria area, but I can't recommend any specific hotels in Westlake.

Good luck!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A place to stopover near Elyria or Lorain OH

You can also try the Beachwood area - lots of hotels there, or the Willoughby exit at Route 91 and I-90 - they have some nice hotels there plus several inexpensive restaurants like Eat N Park, Damons, Bob Evans, etc.

3. Re: A place to stopover near Elyria or Lorain OH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 14:17