We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

military family moving from Maryland to Seattle area

Olney, Maryland
8 posts
Save Topic
military family moving from Maryland to Seattle area

Can anyone give advice on what route to take from Maryland to Poulsbo, Washington (close to Seatttle)? Google maps wants us to take toll roads from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin. We are driving two cars and this sounds expensive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Any info on cost for tolls from Pennsylvania border on I-76/I-80 westward to Indiana?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: military family moving from Maryland to Seattle area

You could minimize tolls by taking I-70 through Ohio and into Indianapolis. I don't know the difference in mileage between that route and taking toll roads.

You'll have to research tolls on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Ohio Turnpike, Indiana Toll Road, etc., if no one has personal knowledge.

Good planning!

Lac du Flambeau...
Level Contributor
283 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: military family moving from Maryland to Seattle area

Take I68 to 77 north to I70 west; west of Indy, get on I74 west to I39 north and take I90 all the way to Seattle!

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
568 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: military family moving from Maryland to Seattle area

I've driven between Baltimore and Columbus OH many times & tried everything.

Here's the quickest, most direct way: I 68 to Rt 40 at Keyser's Ridge. Use the toll road, Rt. 43 to jump up to I-70 just below Pittsburgh. You can use that all the way to whichever route... I-65 or I-74.

Except the small fee in PA (a shortcut worth paying for, IMO) it's free, fast, contains a designated scenic route, saves a lot of miles, and usually took us about 7 hours. Google maps is finally recommending this route.

The toll part of I-70 in PA is not at all worth paying for, IMO. No way!

4. Re: military family moving from Maryland to Seattle area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:42