We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun Things to Do with 2-year-old Grandson...

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
461 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fun Things to Do with 2-year-old Grandson...

Has anyone been to the Memphis Kiddie Park in Brooklyn, Ohio? I've lived in northern Ohio area my entire life, never heard of it until very recently. I looked at their website, it's been there since 1952. Sounds like a fun thing to do with my 2-year-old grandson, just wondering if anyone has been and what you thought.

Also, any other fun (perhaps little known gems) in Ohio (preferably within 2 hours' drive of Cleveland) that would be good for a day-trip with grandson would be much appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I'm familiar with the area zoos, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake, etc., I'm looking for places other than the "usual". Maybe something new since I was young mom 28 years ago....

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fun Things to Do with 2-year-old Grandson...

what about the train ride at the cuyahoga valley national park? i'd think a 2 year old would love that (and he may be free!)

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fun Things to Do with 2-year-old Grandson...

http://www.cvsr.com/index2.shtml

but call the office when you book... website says they're schedule has changed because of the recent flooding there a few weeks ago...

Lorain, Ohio
Level Contributor
461 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fun Things to Do with 2-year-old Grandson...

Exellent idea, I will definitely check this out! (I've never been to Cuyahoga Valley Nat'l Park myself!) thanks so much..

Highland Heights...
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fun Things to Do with 2-year-old Grandson...

Memphis Kiddie Park is great for young kids, your grandson will love it. Also try the Children's Museum at University Circle, the Hershy Garden at the Botanical Gardens, Shaker Lakes Nature Center. A favorite of my kids is the Lake Farm Park, far more manageable w/ little ones than the zoo. Have a great time.

Cleveland Area Mom

5. Re: Fun Things to Do with 2-year-old Grandson...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 12:17