We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night stop near Oklahoma City

Detroit
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
One night stop near Oklahoma City

We are moving my Daughter to Texas and will have a moving truck, 3 adults and 2 kids. We plan to stop in the Oklahoma City area for a one night stop. We'll be going down 44 from Tulsa and continuing on to Fort Worth.

We need a place close to the X-way, clean, cheap, and not a haven for pests. (2 legged to 8 legged) We would rather pay a little more than suffer the entire night. Adult ages are 62-62-38.

Any ideas please?????

Thanks.

Soja

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night stop near Oklahoma City

Here is a link to a previous topic that addresses a similar need - along with a discussion of the various pros and cons:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g51560-i521-k27779…

And another link that discusses options south of OKC that may fit your needs as well:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28957-i520-k17720…

Let us know if you need any other options.

:)

Bartlesville...
Level Contributor
941 posts
343 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night stop near Oklahoma City

Norman, OK would be a good place to stop for the night. It is just south of OKC, so you won't be caught in the OKC morning traffic when you take off in the morning. The Hilton Garden Inn in Norman is just off I-35, with easy access and is consistently rated as the best value in Norman. It's listed prices are cheap, but it gets rave reviews. Have stayed there once myself and found it to be just fine. Here's the link:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g51547-d878034-…

Elkins, West...
Level Contributor
359 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night stop near Oklahoma City

Consider exiting I-44 at Big Cabin (between Joplin and Tulsa) then taking US69 to US75 to TX121 which deposits you into downtown Fort Worth. This is 4 lane all the way, but it's not controlled access, so the speed limits may be lower and you will have to go through some small towns. On the plus side, you'll miss Tulsa and Oklahoma City, save 40 miles and $4 in tolls, and avoid the crazy I-35 corridor in north Texas. Muskogee or McAlester would be your best bets for an overnight stop on this alternate route.

4. Re: One night stop near Oklahoma City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 05:19