We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodburn Outlet Shopping

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Woodburn Outlet Shopping

I just read in this mornings paper about a new service that would be great for visitors. The Woodburn Company Stores (outlets) are a draw for many people, but visitors without a car have always been out of luck. Well, starting May 25th there will be a shuttle service from downtown Portland to the outlets. The shuttle will be called the Outlet Express and will run once a day on Tuesdays through Thursday and then twice daily on the other days. The shuttle service will operate through September 3. The cost is $20 roundtrip per person. The website for the outlets is www.woodburncompanystores.com and should have any further information.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Woodburn Outlet Shopping

You also won't have to fight for a parking space with a senior citizen driving a gi-normous RV. That would be way more relaxing than hitting the freeway, especially on the weekend. If it came down to Albany, I would take it just so I could read a book whilst someone else does the driving.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Woodburn Outlet Shopping

So true, Julauf:) I think they will need to have some form of concierge though to let people stow purchases before they board for the trip back. So many people go shop and make numerous trips to their cars before they actually leave. I am thankful that with backroads I can be there in less than 20 minutes, so I go on quiet days right when they open.

southern Germany
Level Contributor
978 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Woodburn Outlet Shopping

Hi,

maybe you can help me with a question: do you know if the Timberland store is still there? I can´t find it on the dictionary anymore, but I am sure it was at this outlet a while ago.

Thank you, Q.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Woodburn Outlet Shopping

I have not seen the Timberland store there at all. I have been hitting it regularly for over 3 years. I used to hit it off and on, so maybe it used to be there?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Woodburn Outlet Shopping

Yeah, Timberland used to be near Harry & David's, but I think they closed a year or two ago.

6. Re: Woodburn Outlet Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 18:19