We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet boating out of Gold Beach or Grants Pass?

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
171 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Jet boating out of Gold Beach or Grants Pass?

I'm planning an "around Oregon" trip for July, for 2 adults & 2 teen sons. None of us has ever done the jet boating on the Rogue, so we definitely want to do that. What are your recommendations on whether we should make this trip out of Gold Beach, or Grants Pass? I've checked some of the boating companies' websites, and see that they traverse different parts of the river.

How do the 2 routes compare for 1) scenery, and 2) fun ride (spins & whitewater)?

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet boating out of Gold Beach or Grants Pass?

Easy choice for me, Gold Beach. Even on short trip to Agness. much of trip is fairly natural. not much white water, you need to go beyond Agness for that

Grants Pass trip you never really get into natural area. and white water there is not much. They do s[in a bit more,

we saw a lot more wildlife out of Gold Beach. however, depends on rest of trip plans. Gold beach not easiest place to get to.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
763 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet boating out of Gold Beach or Grants Pass?

I have done both trips as well, and agree that the one out of Gold Beach is better, particularly for scenery. They are both pretty equal for fun ride.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet boating out of Gold Beach or Grants Pass?

We've done the one from Gold Beach a couple times; great fun, and beautiful scenery. But, I think you have to take the 104 mile trip to get into much whitewater.

4. Re: Jet boating out of Gold Beach or Grants Pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 13:18