We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cannon beach to ???

los angeles
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
cannon beach to ???

Our summer plans almost got cancelled, but we're back on and I'm just firming up our itinerary. Coming up from Ca. staying at Prospect Hotel and then to Crater Lake. Up from Crater Lake to Hood River overnight' drive through the Gorge and into Portland for 2 nights. We then head up to Port Ludlow, WA (near Pt. Townsend) with a detour to see Mt. St. Helens visiting family. We then have only 2 days down the coast and on the 3rd day need to drive to Paradise, CA (near Chico).

I made a reservation at Cannon Beach Hotel for 1 night and thought we could further down the coast for the next night and then a long days drive into California. Not sure where to spend that next night ---perhaps somewhere near Reedsport? Ideas please!

(I was lucky and got the reservation in Cannon Beach today!)

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cannon beach to ???

I would go a little further south than Reedsport, one, b/c there is NOTHING in Reedsport to draw you there and two, it's only about a 4 hr drive from Cannon Beach to Reedsport. You might look at either Bandon or Gold Beach. I think you would be MUCH happier staying in either of these towns.

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cannon beach to ???

Agree w/- Den Reedsport is not a town I would recommend someone to stay. I would stay in Bandon-then you can cut back over to I-5 on Hwy 42 and on to Chico. It would be a long drive along the coast-but doable. If you dont want to drive that far south, Florence would be the next town North of Reedsport that would be good to stay at.

Manzanita, Oregon
Level Contributor
775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cannon beach to ???

We've done the Manzanita to Brookings drive a number of times but Bandon or Gold Beach are both interesting little towns. Instead of Hwy 42 you might consider dropping south to California and cut over on Hwy 199, this will take you through some interesting Redwood grooves. From Cannon Beach to Gold Beach is definately doable in one day even making some minor stops at scenic pull overs. From Gold Beach to Grants Pass is about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. From Grants APass to Chico I am not familar with.

4. Re: cannon beach to ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 22:20