We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here's my coast itinery...help!

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Here's my coast itinery...help!

I need to thank everyone on this forum. I've been reading the site and have what I consider a pretty good plan so far. thank you!

Here's my plans so far. I need some help with the last couple of days.

Day 1, fly into Portland,

Night 1 & 2 - Columbia Gorge Hotel

Night 3 & 4 - Stephanie Inn - Cannon Beach

Night 5,6,7 - Overleaf Lodge - Yachats

Night 8, 9 - TuTuTun Lodge - Gold Beach.

What to do with night 10? We are flying out of Portland on day 11, so we need to head back in that direction after leaving TuTuTun. Any suggestions for a drive that will get us back near Portland for night 11, and any suggestions on where to stay?

thanks!

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Here's my coast itinery...help!

Oh, that'll be a nice trip!

What time do you fly out on day 11 (in order to figure out how close you need to be)?

You could take 199 from just south of Gold Beach (Crescent City) through the redwoods to Grants Pass and then come up I-5--how far really depends on what time you need to be at PDX the next day.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
765 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here's my coast itinery...help!

If you get far enough north look at the inns and B&B's in yamhill county- a lot of winery stuff and very pretty!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Here's my coast itinery...help!

I like the way you're thinking, but I'm still pitching Crater Lake for that last night, especially if you could get into the Lodge. You'll remember those views for the rest of your life. Cut your stay at the Columbia Gorge Hotel to one night if necessary.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here's my coast itinery...help!

Did you say when?? I missed it, if so. Gather you have reservations and everything pretty firm So do you really have room for input?

Last night pretty small question for us. Flight time on 11th key.

5. Re: Here's my coast itinery...help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 02:19