We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breitenbusch Hot Springs

Newfounland and...
1 post
Save Topic
Breitenbusch Hot Springs

This is my 1st ever post to a forum. I am looking for a "destination" type spa .. hiking, outdoor activities, exercise plans, healthy meals, self-help programs etc.. and came across Breitenbusch. Hv always wanted to go to Oregon (no reason .. really weird). Does anyone know how far it is driving from PDX? KF in St.John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

It is roughly 2 hours from Portland. A year or so ago when I was at another spa, the lady there was telling me about it. She went with a few girlfriends. She said it was ok, rather interesting. I don't remember her exact words, but I do remember her mentioning hippie, new-age, clothing optional, and you had to bring your own linens. She said it was ok for one trip, but wasn't interested in going back.

I can tell you from personal experience, a destination spa that fits everything you want (except it is in Utah, not Oregon, lol) is Red Mountain Spa. I have been there several times for girls trips and absolutely love it!

If you would rather come to OR, we don't have anything like that, but you could makedo at Sunriver. Their spa is excellent, and it is a great area for hiking and other outdoor activities. They occassionally offer healthy packages with special events/programs/speakers so you might inquire about that.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

Mtngrl hit the nail on the head. It's too hippie even for my wife, and she hasn't had a non-organic brussels sprout since the Reagan administration.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

Mtngrl is right.

I was on 3 member Scenic Byway rating team. Route near there was nominated, so we drove it. other panel members insisted we go there since we did try to visit features along the way. One was a woman and the other a photographer.

I tried to warn them, but they insisted. the photographer walked in with 3 cameras. but did not seem to bother the bathers. pool we saw clothing was not optional, there was none.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

phirl--LOL!

The lady at the Sage Springs Spa at Sunriver has become a personal friend since I have been there so much. She and I each do spa trips with our girlfriends and always tell each other about the places we go. Even she was laughing at their experience. They had fun, but they are pretty open minded.

USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

It is very granola - but that is very much part of Oregon. It may be what you want.

http://www.breitenbush.com/

Portland
Level Contributor
213 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

Breitenbusch is well and truly a New Age spot and it is also a lovely family oriented place. Every time I've there [which is many] has been a positive experience. There are well marked trails through Old Growth forests adjacent to the facility.

If you are open to the New Age tilt then there are few better places to stay.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

I assume OP must have already known about Breitenbush. They make no secret of their clientele, but neither do they advertise.

Hope you choose to chack out a bit more of Oregon while here, long trip to not see more of Oregon.

8. Re: Breitenbusch Hot Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 21:21