We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better highway HWY 6 or HWY 23?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
Better highway HWY 6 or HWY 23?

hi we are thinking of going a little further south today from Manzanita, but are staying in Portland tonight. Which is the easiest drive? Thanks much!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better highway HWY 6 or HWY 23?

You probably mean 26. If it were me I'd take Hwy 6 but both should be a breeze considering you'll be going against traffic.

Yeah, I'd definitely take 6 because there will be thousands of PDXers speeding west on 26 trying to get to Seaside/Cannon Beach. Even Al Gore got a ticket there once.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Better highway HWY 6 or HWY 23?

Yep, hwy 6, the road less traveled, but I think more scenic. Couple nice waterfalls, particularly Fern Rock Creek, which is just past milepost 29. Look for a large gravel pullout-parking area. Then, if you've got lots of time, take a swim in the pool at Buck Snort, up the forest service road a ways from Jones Creek.

3. Re: Better highway HWY 6 or HWY 23?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 12:16