We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

Unusual strong winds, and storms this week

Go here.

northcoastoregon.com/articles/weather_scienc…

They won't let me copy paste the article because it is in all caps!

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

Thank you.

However, wish I had time to be there LOL.

USA
Level Contributor
721 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

Wow! I guess bellabel's son will really have something to remember now!

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,055 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

We had a couple of thunder showers pass through yesterday afternoon, then about 9pm it REALLY cut loose, and it's STILL going!! Last time I saw and heard thunder like this was on July 1st, 2001 in Laramie WY! We were gettin 5-6 flashes per minute up until about 5 am. It's slowed some now, but, still goin strong.

For those of you unfamiliar with the PNW, we rarely get thunder, maybe 4-5 storms a year, west of the Cascade Mts.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
18,114 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

Oh cooool !!

I wish we were there !!

I would stay at Arch Cape and hunker down with a fire and listen to the storm and maybe walk down to the beach and watch... or just listen and watch from the windows :)

Stay safe!! Someone take pictures!!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

Pictures? No way, I was too busy hiding under the bed with the cat, lol! Poor big dog couldn't fit!

Terrific thunder and lightning here too all last night. But the electricity stayed on, thank goodness.

DH and I could not remember in almost twenty years here having a storm that bad even in the winter, much less in August.

Okay, question for any meteorologists out there ....... there would be a lightning flash, and then simultaneously be a "buzzing" sound. Long before the thunder boomed. Anybody know just what that buzzing sound was? It happened twice. Sort of similar the buzzers that they have at schools, that sort of sound.

6. Re: Weather Report.. take note those traveling to the NW coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:20