We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery Wedding

Doylestown, PA
1 post
Save Topic
Winery Wedding

Our family may be planning a weding in Oregon. Any ideas of a classy winery - not commercial with good views and food - where a simple wedding could be held. We're from Pennsylvania and have never visited Oregon. Thanks.

chill1019

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery Wedding

I've been to a wedding at the power station theater at mcmenamins edgefield, but it was kinda cheesy and there's always a ton of people around.

May i suggest the Maresh Red Barn Winery in Dundee? I like that place a lot. Check out vineyardretreat dot com.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery Wedding

Most wineries here are small, at least compared to Napa and Sonoma. I know of few wineries that have kitchen/food facilities, and fewer still that could handle food for a larger group. But you might check out Cuneo and Adelsheim. And I imagine Rex Hill had weddings in mind when they built a hillside amphitheater at their winery. If so, they might do the food too.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winery Wedding

You might look at Hood River. There is a bed & breakfast right next to a winery called Vineyard View that can be reserved for weddings. www.vineyardviewbnb.com. I haven't stayed at that particualr place but Hood River is beautiful and it's easy to get to from Portland for guests who might fly in.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winery Wedding

chill:

You might check out Montinore Estate, which is about 30 miles west of Portland, south of Forest Grove. We visited this vineyard 2 or 3 years ago; I was impressed with the beautiful grounds and views of the surrounding hills. It seems like it would be a great location for an outdoor wedding. You can find them by doing a word search for "Montinore Estate".

Another (that I visited just 2 weeks ago) is Sokol Blosser near Dundee, about a 45 minute drive SW of Portland. Also beautiful rolling scenery (& very good wine). The location is near McMinnville & Dundee, which have some good restaurant, catering & hotel options.

Hope this helps. I can't imagine planning a wedding from 2000 miles away, so best wishes with that!

Brian

Level Contributor
35,220 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winery Wedding

Welcome to the forum chill1019! Three years is a long time ago, better check and make sure this place is still in business. We were very impressed with the grounds and wines at Archery Summit when we visited a few days ago. www.archerysummit.com is the website. Don't know if they do weddings, but if they don't I'm sure they could refer you to someone in the area who does. Cheers! :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Winery Wedding

LOL, I think someone just fired a shot across your bow, Brian. Not to worry, though, Montinore Estates is still there. Or, at least they were a month ago!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Winery Wedding

I figured Montinore was still open, since their website shows ongoing concerts/events all summer long. Good to know...There you go, chill, proof that they're still around even after several years.

Thinking back, it was actually November 2000(!) that we went for the post-Thanksgiving wine weekend, so almost 5 years ago...

B

Level Contributor
35,220 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Winery Wedding

Yikes, that was a long time ago. Glad they're still around. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Winery Wedding

Stale or not Brian, better to recommend places you've personally experienced than those you've not. And at least you qualified your recommendation with the statement that it had been a while since you were at Montinore; adds credibility.

10. Re: Winery Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2005, 21:30