We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A long overdue trip report

Mississippi
Level Contributor
77 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
A long overdue trip report

We went to Oregon back in July!! I appreciated the help I got from this forum and hope that my report may help others. Better really late than never!

We flew into Portland and got right on the road. We drove along the Columbia River Gorge (the old highway) and it was beautiful! We stopped at te Women's Forum overlook, Vista House, and several waterfalls along the way to Multnomah Falls. It was a nice hike to the top, crowded though. The other falls had way less people. Back in the car we drove through Hood River and on to the Fruit Loop. I loved this whole day of driving-gorgeous, gorgeous scenery all around. We stopped at a lavendar farm with great views of Mount Hood in one direction and Adams or Baker ?? in the other. The lavendar was so pretty! We stopped at a roadside stand and enjoyed fresh cherries and homemade pastries.

Then we were on our way to Mount Hood and Timberline Lodge. We loved the Lodge and the mountain. We shared a room with my sis and her husband so that we could get one of the bigger rooms-it was great! The room was a good size and we had a nice view. Had a nice dinner in the Ram's Head bar and then enjoyed a dip in the Jacuzzi. Looked around a bit in the morning and played with the Timberline mascot, Bruno. The lodge has so many beautiful details, we enjoyed just looking around.

Mount Hood wasn't initially on the agenda, but I couldn't see being so close (Portland) and not visit it at all. So, so glad I added it! It was only day two and already we'd seen so much! Our next destination was Crater Lake and I will write on it tomorrow!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A long overdue trip report

Hi, better late than never, LOL! Looking forward to your next installment.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A long overdue trip report

Glad you enjoyed your time here:) The other mountain was Adams as Baker is far north in WA. Course you might have also seen Mt. St. Helens. Easy to tell the difference though...Adams has a top on it still;)

Level Contributor
36,349 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A long overdue trip report

Sounds fun, thank you for the report! :)

4. Re: A long overdue trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2010, 05:20