We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

Hi, everyone! Hubby, 10 yr old son, and myself are heading to the Oregon coast but was looking for one night (August 8th) to stay near Multnomah Falls on our way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Terri

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

Hood River has a few places, and Cascade Locks has a couple. I think many work out of Troutdale for Gorge, but if you are coming fro Spokane really won't work well for you.

Hood River Inn is nice but not cheap.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

Since Multnomah Falls is only 30 miles from the city, you might want to consider a Portland area hotel/motel.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

You might consider this place in Stevenson (Washington side across from Cascade Locks). No personal experience staying there, and there would be some train noise, but it is definitely inexpensive and looks nice.

http://www.cgriversidelodge.com/

There are a couple of options in Cascade Locks... I have heard mixed reviews on the Best Western. Might try this place out. Looks like they have been doing some work on it recently. And Charburger is a quick walk down the street. Great place for a quick bite, and the view of the river can't be beat.

http://www.bridgeofgodsmotel.com/

Multnomah Falls isn't far from Cascade Locks, and you could always hop on the Historic Highway at Ainsworth State Park if you wanted to catch a few of the other waterfalls and such as well on your way to the coast.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

Thanks for replies. :)

Hubby just asked me to check Portland hotels. We've never been there, and it'd be nice to at least spend a 1/2 day there. Any suggestions for something reasonable downtown? Guess I should ask on the Portland forum.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

You'll get the same people on the Portland forum, please don't post there, it confuses TAs and will confuse you.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,100 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

You are ok. Oregon is small enough that we can see all the posts. It's better to leave this post as is and you will get lots of good feedback.

Are you coming in from Walla Walla, or Seattle? We go both ways depending on what we are looking for.

The Inn at White Salmon is basically in the Gorge area, and they have packages with white water rafting. Is that something you would be interested in?

~min

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

Oops...too late...already posted. Sawry. :/

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

We're coming from Spokane. The Oregon coast is where we're headed. We were simply planning on visting Multnomah Falls. But then decided to add a day to our trip and have a short visit to Portland, as well. We've never been there. We want to be downtown to check out the feel of the city (we're from Chicago, and love Seattle. So just want to kick around a bit).

Thanks again!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

well usually I agree do not post too many places, but if you are looking for hotel idea in Portland probably a good idea to post there. There are a few who know porltand well and do not necessarily respond to more rural Oregon posts

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Multnomah Falls Lodging--Cheap But Comfortable?

mahjerle, thanks for the info! Portland downtown is looking too pricey. These places look really nice. Are they fairly close to Multnomah Falls then?

Terri