We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs on the golf course.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Dogs on the golf course.

We like to take our 15 pound pooch when we travel, We also enjoy trying new golf courses. Anyone know what golf courses are dog friendly? .

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,010 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

Phirl, most golf courses have doglegs, golfers carry bulldogs, so I assume they are dog-friendly. Birdie, Eagle, etc., very friendly, as well. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

Interesting question, phirl. I've been playing since I was a kid, and don't remember ever seeing a dog on a golf course, except for maybe for a small one riding along in a cart in Palm Desert. My guess is that you won't find many courses that allow it, as that would mean there would potentially be as many dogs on a course as there are golfers (if you allow it for one player, you'd have to allow it for all). And while golfers are usually reasonably well trained, the same might not be true of their dogs. ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Palm Desert
Palm Desert
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

Mistletoe,

I have played a lot less than you and i can not remember dogs on a course either, but also don't remember any "Pets not allowed" signs. So was hoping

Before the dog arrived we made a couple of nice golfing trips.

Speaking of golfine. we went to coast for my class reunion, left the dog with nieghbor and played Cross Creek near Dallas on way home. Very nice cours. Firways and greens well maintained. Greens ar no any where near level. challenge to read. No really exciting holes but still enjoyed it. my wife beat me again

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

Huh. Whoda thunk it? Apparently dog friendly golf is all the rage in Florida and the Southeast. Doesn't look like it's caught on in the PNW though.

But who knows? I'd call the Pro Shop and ask. Can't hurt, right?

Level Contributor
37,740 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

Dogs are allowed at the Seaside Golf Course on Ave U. It's a nice course, we have played there several times over the past few weeks. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

"Seaside Golf Course on Ave U....It's a nice course..."

If all you've got to compare it to is the driving range in Manzanita, I suppose you're right. But you should try the course in Gearhart; it's much better. Even the little nine-hole Highlands: http://www.highlandsgolfgearhart.com/ .

Mentioned in this post
Manzanita
Manzanita
Oregon Coast, OR
Gearhart
Gearhart
Oregon Coast, OR
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

Do they allow dogs on the course in Gearhart? ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Gearhart
Gearhart
Oregon Coast, OR
Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

I'm not a golfer, but don't all courses have dog legs?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

they have a nice walking path at stone creek golf course in Oregon city- lots of dogs there, but never seen one on the course, but couldnt hurt to ask. dont know why that would be a problem if a responsible pet owner, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Oregon City
Oregon City
Clackamas County, OR
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,894 posts
1,099 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dogs on the golf course.

Dogs I don't know about, but I'm sure they don't allow cats around the . . .

birdies ;-)