We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May,June or maybe September

Ocean City, Maryland
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
May,June or maybe September

I visited Oregon this October and it was AWESOME! but the only problem with my trip was it wasnt long enough and I didnt get to do everything I wanted to do so I am hoping to visit Oregon again in 2011. October was nice time to visit but I was thinking about a different month.Would May or June be a good month to visit and which one would be better.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May,June or maybe September

Weather in Oregon never a gurantee, but I think summer weather begins here July 4 and lasts til Oct 1 or later. most years

But weather in may and June not necessarily miserable just good chance of some sort of precipitation. Days are longer in Maty June.

How was weather for you in Oct??

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May,June or maybe September

A lot depends on your interests. Although May can be wet, late April into early May is when our magnificent rhododendruns are in bloom, with great displays in Eugene's Hendricks Park and on the coast in Florence, especially. The Cascades are still snowbound in May, however.

September is still warm and usually sunny, although we've been getting some rain in that month in recent years. There are lots of cultural events, fairs, festivals and major sports events (particularly track and field) in June and July.

Or, perhaps, you just want to concentrate on one area of the state...the coast, the Columbia Gorge, the high desert, the Wallowas in northeast Oregon, the wine country, etc., etc. Tell us where you've been and what your interests are and we'll be able to be more helpful.

North Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
639 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: May,June or maybe September

Your interests and goals for the trip will dictate the answer. Since you don't say, I can only suggest what -I- would do, and that is early September for the best offshore fishing north of the Farralons...

Happy Oregon travels!

- Case

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May,June or maybe September

I would fly to Portland in October and drive to Cannon Beach then head S to Newport, Florence, Depoe Bay and Gold Beach. I would head back to Portalnd N on I 5 and spend a night in Portland then fly home. Great place to visit is OR.

Ocean City, Maryland
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: May,June or maybe September

Well I would like to see places I did not get to in Oct. but not sure where yet. I did not get to see the Eastern part of Ore, the southern part of Ore (below Canyonville) southern part of the coast (below Reedsport) .The weather was beautiful when we visited in Oct. We were there 8 days and it was sunny and the high 60's everyday but one. It rained when we were on the coast. Thank you to everybody that gave me suggestions last time and this time. Also Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

6. Re: May,June or maybe September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2011, 05:17