We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Oregon Coast Town/place to stay

Oregon City, Oregon
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Oregon Coast Town/place to stay

For my birthday I want to go to the coast again with my boyfriend. We have been to and stayed in Lincoln City, Newport and Seaside. I want a new place to go this year. We are both in our early 20's and just want someplace new and exciting to go. We've done the aquarium and the Seaside boardwalk. We are going in February, when it's cold and rainy. :(

Does anyone know of any places that are relatively cheap and have a 1 night minimum. My budget is between $79 and $120, preferably less though. We are looking to stay anywhere north of Newport. I am looking online, but it's so hard because people are all over the place in reviews and I don’t know what to trust.

Any advice is helpful! Thank you!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,949 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Oregon Coast Town/place to stay

Hi, check out Ecola Creek Lodge in Cannon Beach...

http://www.cannonbeachlodge.com/v2/new.html

It has a 91% recommendation on TripAdvisor. It is an older property but in winter the prices are really reasonable (under $80) and no minimum stays. Nice location very near to the beach.

The Inn at Arch Rock in Depoe Bay has one room in your price range....

http://www.innatarchrock.com/index.html

It gets good reviews and has a great location on the clifftop.

In Astoria, the Holiday Inn Express has winter specials in your range... www.astoriahie.com/html/managers-special.asp

It has a wonderful location right on the river, indoor pool, great buffet full breakfast, and great reviews here. Easy walk to much of the riverfront area.

I'm sure there are more possibilities :-)

Edited: 10 January 2011, 06:27
Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Oregon Coast Town/place to stay

in manzanita --- the sunset surf motel --- get a room in the budd building and dont forget to use the coupon on their web site --------------cannon beach is only 20 min north of manzanita

Portland, Oregon
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Oregon Coast Town/place to stay

I have to say, I absolutely love Cannon Beach... It's so beautiful, there are huge rocks by the shore and beautiful elevations to admire the water.

Also, I was there in Feb just like you and it was actually incredible! Maybe we just lucked out, but it was bright (but overcast), not rainy, and because most people don't go at that time, we had so much beach just to ourselves.. Good luck finding a place!

4. Re: Best Oregon Coast Town/place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 05:28