We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

We want to tent camp this weekend on the Oregon coast. We prefer to stay on the beach. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

Which part of the coast do you want to go to? Cape Lookout and Nehelem Bay State Park are fairly close to the beach. During the summer tie you do take your chances if you don't have a reservation. Many folks make reservations for the summer months 9 months in advance.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

We're open to camping anywhere north of Waldport, OR. Since we don't have a reservation (and we're going this weekend), we'll have to take our chances as a walk-in.

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

I would try South Beach State Park or Beverly Beach State Park for camping then. That isn't as far as the other two campgrounds that I listed.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

At nearly all the State Park campgrounds, you will need to walk or even drive to the actual beach. They aren't "on" the beach.

Do let us know where (if?) you managed to find a campsite, ThePhoenixLives :-)

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

Thanks for all the replies...we'll be "dialing for dollars" tomorrow morning, to see who has space.

Linda

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

Hi...I am wondering how you got on as we are planning on heading out tomorrow for some coastal camping. Any advice welcomed!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

I can tell you that on the weekends, all the SPs on the central coast have "no vacancy" signs out. However, there are quite a few privately owned and county campgrounds that *may* have campsites available. August is the busiest month of the year here.

Where are you headed, Terborg-o?

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,999 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

Google Oregon State Parks, half are reserved for same day camping. You would be taking a chance, but at least you know some of them do.. It's scarey. Driving for a campsite and wondering if you will get it..

Min

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

Thanks....I am looking all over! We are wanting to be 'close' to Portland. I am looking at State/USFS and private sites. I am sure something will work out for us!

10. Re: Tent Camping on the Oregon Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 22:16