We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

WI
Level Contributor
146 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

We are meandering up the Oregon coast (staying in Bandon tonight) and have the Hawk's Nest Cafe in Neskowin on our list for great pizza. But, we have read some reviews saying that they have closed and are wondering what the current status is of this popular coastal restaurant.

Thanks!

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

I suspect they may be closed. Pretty sure golf course did. but you may finder find a better source than me. Not a lot of backup places in Neskowin

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

I'd heard that the Hawk Creek Cafe had been sold to new owners, so not sure if it's closed. Unfortunately, we have not gotten out to Neskowin since early spring so don't know the current situation. Hope it's still open and the pizza oven is being put to good use -- it;s one of our longtime favorites at the Coast.

Edited: 17 September 2012, 05:27
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

Phone is no longer in service, so assume they are closed.

Lakeshish, we can suggest many other good restaurants but offhand I can't think of anyplace that has really "great" pizza along the coast.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

My brother has a place near there, and according to him, yes Hawk Creek Cafe is closed. Too bad because it was a great little restaurant.

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

The only other contender I've found (in 36 years of looking) for "great" pizza on the Oregon Coast is Marzano's in Manzanita. Not quite as good as Hawk Creek, but always worth a stop for us when in the neighborhood.

WI
Level Contributor
146 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

Thanks again Trip Advisors

Well, darn!!! We are certainly disappointed as we had heard from or friends what a great pizza place place Hawks Creek was for pizza. We are now staying at Overleaf Lodge in Yachats and it is as

wonderful as everyone has reported! Thanks, once again, OR Trip Advisors!

Hitting some lighthouses, Newport Aquarium and Georgies tomorrow!

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,957 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

Georgie's is fine if the view is your main concern. If great food is your focus though, I'd recommend Local Ocean Seafoods or Saffron Salmon (both on the Newport bayfront) for lunch or dinner. Add Panache or April's, both in the Nye Beach area, to your dinner list.

8. Re: Hawk's Creek in Neskowin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 10:15