We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What a terrific state!

Calgary
Level Contributor
8 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
What a terrific state!

Just had the pleasure of driving down the Colombia Gorge I-84 run, and then I-5 to Eugene. The roads are terrific, clean, and with amazing views. Everything was so green. very curious why no flying insects though? barely a bug on my truck. I-5 was a typical bumper to bumper with lot's o trucks, but if you're looking for a fantastic road trip do take I 84 through the gorge. The rest stops were so clean I was amazed. If the rest of the US could use Oregon's roads as a measuring stick, the entire country would be better. Loved your state!!!

Longview, Washington
Destination Expert
for Mount Rainier National Park
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What a terrific state!

So glad you liked Oregon! No bugs? Probably because it's been raining for the past two weeks. The Columbia Gorge is wonderful. One of my favorite places. Yup, Oregon and Washington have some of the nicest rest stops. I think Texas has the worst.

Level Contributor
36,378 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What a terrific state!

Glad you enjoyed your visit! It's going to be gorgeous here in Seaside (north coast) today! :)

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What a terrific state!

Very good to hear. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Its nice staying in the car while they pump your gas too.

MrsO

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What a terrific state!

Nice to see you enjoyed Oregon, but if you only drove I-84 out the gorge and I-5 to Eugene, you ain't seen nuthin' yet, WallyGog. Come back again when you've got more time....say... a couple months! ;-)

Nice to read you're enjoying your visit too, syrahgirl. :-)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What a terrific state!

LOL, just as kitters said about the bugs. I came back from Eugene last night and my windshield is covered in them!

Glad you enjoyed your time here:)

6. Re: What a terrific state!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:16