We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oregon Travel in June

Menomonie, Wisconsin
7 posts
Save Topic
Oregon Travel in June

I am planning a trip to Oregon next June. We would fly into and out of Portland with a 5 day stay. I want to see the coast as well as some mountains, the gorge, and traditional Oregon farmland (not necessarily vineyards) on our trip. We will be renting a car and want to drive enough but not push it too much either. Any suggestions as to stops or cities that we should see?

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oregon Travel in June

A loop like this has worked for others with 4-5 days:

Portland to the coast via hwy 26 (~ 2hrs)--overnight somewhere between Astoria and Manzanita (far north coast)

North Coast to Florence (central coast) via hwy 101 (~4 hrs)

Florence to Bend via hwy 126/22/20 (~4 hrs)--From Bend, it's ~2 hrs south to view Crater lake, Oregon's only national Park and the deepest lake in North America). This would require a 2-night stay.

Bend to The Dalles via hwy 97/197 (~3 hrs)

The Dalles to Portland (~1.5 hrs)

The hours listed are estimated driving times based on my own experiences with minimal stops and average traffic. Obviously, you will be stopping along whichever route you choose.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,999 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oregon Travel in June

Hi Lacy and welcome to the Oregon Area.

The Gorge is a National Scenic Area so you will get the views, the waterfalls and there are orchards famous in the Hoof River Area. In Washington and in Oregon both.

Would your son like to take a lesson on Stand Up Paddling? Or wind surfing? Or maybe a white water rafting trip for the whole family? The Zoller's even provide wetsuits.There is that and more in the CRGNSA.

I know you are in the decision making process but I thought I might give you food for thought..

There is a hotel in Hood River that matches your criteria. the Columbia Cliff Villas is great. It's on a cliff overlooking the river. It shares a property with the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel. There's a waterfall in-between the two properties and great food at CGH

Have fun planning.

MrsO

3. Re: Oregon Travel in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 05:18