We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer vacation: driving from Portland to Vancouver

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Summer vacation: driving from Portland to Vancouver

Hi all,

I apologize in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place... but here goes.

My husband and I want to take a tour of the northwest. We plan to fly into the Portland and drive to Vancouver. We will have 5 days. We don't care as much about spending time in Portland as we do sightseeing along the way, enjoying the views, and checking out Vancouver.

What are your recommendations for best scenic drives and must-see places along the way? Obviously we can drive the whole way in 1 day, but I figured it'd be nice to stop for a night or two in between Portland and Vancouver.

Any advice would be wonderful. Thank you!!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer vacation: driving from Portland to Vancouver

You need to post on the Washington(state) forum because 99.8% of your trip will be in Washington. Also, keep in mind, that it is a 4-41/2 hour drive to Seattle from Portland. Chuck.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,973 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer vacation: driving from Portland to Vancouver

I agree that posting on the WA forum will get you more information.

We make the drive between Seattle and Portland weekly though, and 3 hours is the norm.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,889 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer vacation: driving from Portland to Vancouver

Hi Ditto2708, if you click on this blue link, it will take you to the Washington forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g28968-i73-Washing…

Unless you have already booked your flights, you might want to consider flying into Seattle, then perhaps spending a bit of time in the San Juan Islands or maybe Olympic NP.

4. Re: Summer vacation: driving from Portland to Vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:18