We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cascade Lakes Highway

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
709 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Cascade Lakes Highway

How long does it take to drive from Crater Lake National Park to Bend if you take the Cascade Lakes Highway? Is there a possibility of snow closing the road the first week in June? Thanks.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cascade Lakes Highway

Parts might still be closed in early June. Not likely to get a big new snow You could find out from Forest Service in days before you go. Road Bend to Bachelor is kept open but can't tell much beyond Bachelor. though probably loop by Wickiup and north would be open. some good fishing lakes.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
709 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cascade Lakes Highway

Thanks. Any idea how long it takes to drive without stops? I would stop if I saw something I wanted to photograph. But, just to give me some idea about how long it would take.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,012 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cascade Lakes Highway

My memory is 3-ish hours, depending upon where you start at CL.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cascade Lakes Highway

phirl--We used to go near Wickiup every year at Memorial Day Weekend and it has always been open then. Yes, lots of great lakes around there for fishing:)

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,102 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cascade Lakes Highway

It closes partly in winter and our winter is long.

MrsO

6. Re: Cascade Lakes Highway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 04:24