Hi! I am a solo traveller flying into Seattle Sept 8th, 2014 and leaving on a road trip (renting a car) down through Oregon into Northern California for 2 weeks from Sept . I am hoping to hit as many great state parks as I can. I've heard great things about the parks in Oregon, and I've gotten great suggestions about where to go, but I'm always looking for more advice on everything, including:
1. what kind of weather to expect?
2. what parks are "not to be missed"
3. should I reserve a tent campsite in advance? how does payment work for that?
4. any advice about car rentals in the area? (picking up at Seattle-Tacoma airport, dropping off in SF)
5. since I'll be travelling in Sept I'm not sure what kind of outdoor sporting might be available--I would love some water sports on the coast
6. would love great hiking trail suggestions, other activities or opportunities I might not even know about
7. how accessible are trail maps? should I get ahold of them beforehand online or are they available from a park office?
8. what kind of wildlife should I expect in the region? I read that there is very low % of lymes disease cases in the area...is it probable I will find issues with ticks..?
9. any other great advice for a solo camper??
All help MUCH appreciated. This is very new to me and I want to make the most of it.