We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

Toronto
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

Just wondering, what are people's experience with Knoebels on a Saturday in late May? We're stopping in at Knoebels on the way down to Strasburg with our almost-3-year-old son and I was wondering if we should anticipate huge crowds, long lines etc.?

Also, what rides and activities would you recommend at Knoebels for a 3-year-old? And, would you recommend an all-day pass for him or tickets? Thanks for your advice!

Conyngham...
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

Knoebel's is not your usual amusement park that has long lines although it can get crowded. It is extremely family-oriented...I think your son will really enjoy it. It is also very cost-effective vs. a traditional amusement park. I have never purchased an all-day pass, a book or two of tickets is enough to last us for the day. My son is going to be 4 this summer and just loves Knoebels. There is an entire section designed just for toddlers. He loves the hand pedal cars that roll on a train track. There is also plenty of food geared for kids in that section. Try the blue birch beer, it's delicious! Also, make sure you take a ride on their scenic train on the way out, it's really cute and goes quite a distance. I forgot to mention that parking is free as well.

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

We've been going to Knoebels 3 times a year for over 20 years. Check out Knoebels website for height restrictions. Your son can go on certain rides with an adult as long as he is over a particular height. As the previous poster said there is an entire section devoted to kids. But don't let that stop you guys from riding the bigger rides with him. Just use common sense and follow the height rules. Stick with the tickets, we always do. We'll be up for the long weekend (May 24, 25 and 26) See ya there, Hey?

Steve

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

Knoebels is a great family park with rides for all ages and good ol' family fun. I would just buy tickets, the rides and everything else at Knoebels is reasonably priced. Crowded? Probably not, but if it is, you won't find it all that bad. Enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
23 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

Thanks everyone. Sounds like tickets is the way to go. I think we'll be there the May 31st weekend.

What's this Blue Birch Beer? Anything like root beer?

That's great that this place doesn't sound as crowded as other, more commercialized places. I dread having to hold my almost-3-year-old in line, waiting for a ride!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

I would like to visit the park Memorial Day Weekend. Anyone have suggestion for a good place to stay. I have three kids 14, 11, 7.

Thanks

Cheryl

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

There's a nice clean motel about 6 miles west of the park called Glossar Motor Inn. It's located in the village of Paxinos. We've also stayed at the Pine Barn Inn near the Geisinger Hospital in Danville. Knoebels website has a link to the local counties visitors bureau. There's a list of motels and hotels there. The only place I would not recommend is the Days Inn off of I-80. We've been renting 2-3 BR houses behind the park three times a year for over 5 years, so I can't suggest anything other than the two places above.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

Thanks Steve, I'm going to try those hotels, but would also be interested in info on the houses you stay at. Do you need to stay for a week?

scw
Bear, Delaware
Level Contributor
479 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

These houses are located about 300 ft behind the park (Knoebels has no fence). They are rented weekends in April, May and September. Week long June thru August. $350 for a weekend and $900-950 for the week. The websites are: www.AugustinesInns.com and www.RoaringCreekCottage.com They were both rehabed after last June's flood. It's worth the price to us to be so close to a "home", because our youngest is in a wheelchair.

9. Re: Knoebels Amusement Park in late May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 19:19