We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Detroit to Penn.Help w/stops along way.

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Detroit to Penn.Help w/stops along way.

We are driving from the northern suburbs of Detroit to Lancaster County PA in the middle of August. 3 kids(10,8,6). We would like to stop at about 5 hours and am looking for a nice area/recommendations for a nice hotel with a few things to do. Any suggestions for a good route there? Also, if anyone knows of some stops in Ohio along the way to suggest...

Washington DC Day Trip from New York
1,110 reviews
from US$169.00*
Likely To Sell Out
2-Day Niagara Falls Tour from New...
447 reviews
from US$320.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Philadelphia and Amish Country Day...
403 reviews
from US$169.00*
Philadelphia Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour
238 reviews
from US$32.00*
Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Detroit to Penn.Help w/stops along way.

If I were making the trip with a 10-, 8- and 6-year-old, I'd choose to exit the OH Turnpike at Strongsville for a low-key break and head for the Cleveland Metroparks, which is not much more than a mile away. Bonnie Park has plenty of space to kick a soccer ball around and also a paved path if you want to bring skates along. On Rt. 82 nearby there are plenty of places to pick up something to eat quickly and also a large indoor mall (SouthPark) if you want an air-conditioned location where you can stretch your legs.

Pittsburgh, which is 2+ hours further, would be a midway spot between Detroit to Lancaster County PA, I'd think, and a good spot to overnight.

2. Re: Travelling from Detroit to Penn.Help w/stops along way.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 04:17