We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

Drexel Hill, PA
2 posts
Save Topic
Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

My sister and I lost our Mother in 2006 and have decided to spend one weekend every October "just us girls" away from children, husbands, etc. as a way to help us cope with the anniversary of our devasting loss. Last year we had a lovely weekend in Cape May, NJ but we can't decide where to go this year. We live right outside of Philadelphia and don't want to travel more than 2 to 3 hours (NJ & DE are options as well). We love shopping, quaint small towns, antique shops, etc. We are looking for a some what calm and quiet atmosphere where we can just relax and enjoy each other's company. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
334 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

Have you thought about Lancaster, The Willow Valley Resort

Go to the Tanger Outlet there and shop till you drop. With the Este Lauder, Clinique and Bobbie Brown Outlet there- you can come home with beauty treatments and gifts for everybody. You can find plenty of antiques on the side roads and even on Lancaster Pike. My son lives there, but don't tell him I visit to shop. :)There are several small, qauint towns in the area. Newholland isn't far, Bird in Hand. I'm a neighbor of yours so the trip would be a good one for you.

Have fun wherever you travel, your idea is a great one.What a wonderful tribute.

Best wishes,

Book

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

My sisters and I also do such getaways and we spent 3 nights in Lititz PA and really loved it. I thought it was one of the most beautiful little villages in Lancaster county. It has great boutique shops, antique shops, nice restaurants and quite a bit of history. I loved the Wilbur chocolate factory...could have spent an entire afternoon there! The village is small, quaint and very well groomed. We stayed at The Alden House B&B because it is in town and everything is within walking distance but there were quite a few to choose from in the immediate vicinity. I left a review on the Alden House. Check out the website for Lititz.

(We lost our mother last year so we know what your going through.)

bucks co.
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

Doylestown, New Hope, Jim Thorpe, some places to consider

4. Re: Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2008, 00:10
nj
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

how about ocean grove, nj...it's quiet and the town is a gorgeous victorian village, with great shopping, some good restaurants in the area too (there's a revitalization going on in next door asbury park and there are some amazing restaurants now)...and don't forget the beach....i know it's october, but, in my opinion, the beach is not just for summer...

enjoy

(if you decide on this place, feel free to pm me and i'll send you more specific info...)

6. Re: Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2008, 00:10
7. Re: Destination for a "Sisters Weekend"

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 21:17