We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

aer
Greece, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

Our family is planning on meeting somewhere the week between Christmas and New Years. We definately need an indoor pool. 1/2 family is in Baltimore the other 1/2 is in upstate NY so we figured a resort in Pa would work well. I have checked out Willow Valley and Great Wolf Lodge. Anyone have any opinions on these or others? Would be good to be somewhere with other kids activities. The kids range from 14 to 9 including one autistic child.

Thanks

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

Jack Frost/Big Boulder will do it for you as they open a indoor water park also. Alot of kid activities also

http://www.jfbb.com/

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

Great place to stay at also

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

Try this link

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g52213-d9654…

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

Hi,

i have been to both places and i will tell you this, there is a tremendous price difference between the two places during the holiday week. Great Wolf i would forget about as like i said outrageous in price. It also isnt the type of place that i would consider for a reunion. I have been there many times, but ALWAYS go only during specials that i pay $200 & under. I would very much recommend Willow Valley. For the money you cant go wrong and much much cheaper. They have an all inclusive with meals which for a decent room would run around $215 for a family of four whereas GW you get no extras. WV also has renovated rooms. We have decided this year to go to Willow Valley on January 1-3 as the prices start at $129 for the new year due to the economony. We usually go before new years eve but

due to price decided to wait until after for the big price difference.

WV is a great resort type place but without the resort type prices and i would think would be better and much more room, everything is right there

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

I have not stayed at Willow Valley over the holidays, but I have stayed there at other times and gotten a bed/breakfast package. I was quite pleased. Between Christmas and New Year's, Willow Valley offers lots of family activities as listed on their website. The restaurant has great food, and the entire resort is so family oriented. We stayed there prior to the opening of the Waterpark, but it looks great, and their pools were exceptionally clean when we stayed. I have been dining at Willow Valley since I was a very young child, and to this day, I still have a great feeling when I return to eat or stay. I would highly recommend this hotel. Enjoy your reunion.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

If you are going to WV i would recommend booking right now. Usually in the past years the resort was totally booked way before x-mas but this year due to economy they still do have availability when i looked on their website.

7. Re: Family Resort with Indoor pool/waterpark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 06:25