We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question Re: Fall foliage

NJ
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Question Re: Fall foliage

Can anyone please tell me where the best places are in Pennsylvania to view fall foliage? Also, when is the best time to hit the peak of fall foliage in those areas (if you know)?

Thank you.

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question Re: Fall foliage

I'm not sure when the best time is, but you can't go wrong with the Pocono Mts. area and/or route 6 which goes across the northern part of the state. I would have a feeling that leaves would be at their peak within the next couple of weeks.

Wilkes-Barre, PA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Question Re: Fall foliage

Being from Northeastern PA, I can tell you that any place is a good view, from Bushkill Falls all the way to Allentown the leaves are still green with some color, but my prediction is the leaves will peak the weekend of 10/14. Milford, Route 209 would be a nice route, hooking up with Route 6 through Hawley

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question Re: Fall foliage

I didn't think of the route 209 possibilities, but I would concur that this is very scenic--it actually runs parallel to the Delaware River at points.

New York
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Question Re: Fall foliage

Do a Goggle search for The Foliage Network (I can't remember their web address). They have up-to-date maps showing where the foliage is at or near peak. I've used them in the past and found them to be accurate.

New York
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Question Re: Fall foliage

www.bnbfinder.com