We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Trip

Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fall Trip

We are looking to go on a fall trip to PA or New York. We would like to visit quaint towns, festivals, and are interested in nature (lakes, mountains, scenery, maybe wildlife) What would be your suggestions on where to base our stay to experience a nice fall trip.

We are going from October 10-17. Thanks

PA
Level Contributor
843 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Trip

Where to begin? I was trying to formulate some sort of answer, but there are so many suggestions. This link might give you a start and once you narrow down your search a bit, repost and you might get some more specific help. I've lived here most of my life and I'm still finding new places to explore and experience. Wherever you decide to go, ENJOY!

http://www.visitpa.com/index.aspx

Pittsburgh, PA...
Level Contributor
262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Trip

For a trip from October 10-17, you are more likely to see fall colors at their peak further south in PA. In New York and northern PA, it is likely that fall colors will be past peak, although it is hard to predict that precisely. I would suggest the Laurel Highlands of PA as an excellent place to visit...

www.laurelhighlands.org

Benezette...
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fall Trip

Ssh, seeing you're coming from Ohio, I would say you want to try Pennsylvania Wilds. Benezett,PA is the home of the largest wild elk herd east of the Mississippi and the fall leaves will be at peak next week. The new Elk Visitor Center is in a very good area for elk sightings. Near by is Stevenson Dam which is home to many bald eagles and great leaves.

Here is a current leaf watching thread.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g52188-i13039-k389…

please feel free to ask questions. That is why we are here.

Benny

4. Re: Fall Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 05:16