We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl's weekend cottage

Providence, RI
8 posts
Save Topic
Girl's weekend cottage

Can anyone suggest a cottage a few hours (or less) from Philadelphia? We want to whisk our bride-to-be friend out of town for some relaxing, swimming (maybe) and hiking... We're on a budget so a real spa would be too much- but a great vacation rental would feel like a spa to us... Thanks kwl

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girl's weekend cottage

Have a look at VRBO:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…philadelphia-area

Providence, RI
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Girl's weekend cottage

Destination Expert!

Thank you! That is a great listing. I hope we are able to secure it. If not, I wonder if you have any beach town suggestions. You really understood what I was looking for, and I think the bride may prefer ocean -- if we can't secure this one, do you have a backup plan for us?

Thanks so much.

kwl

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girl's weekend cottage

Haha, only a DE for Gettysburg! But thanks. Again, I'd check VRBO for New Jersey, they have it broken out for shore points. Have fun!

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girl's weekend cottage

If you're interested in the ocean and not too far from Philly, try the New Jersey or Delaware boards for the best recommendations. I'd be looking at Cape May, NJ or Lewes, DE. Perhaps Stone Harbor or Avalon NJ as well. There are nearly limitless options out there.

5. Re: Girl's weekend cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:16