- Leave at 5 am from Boston on Saturday and drive to Hershey.
- Stop in Hershey for lunch, spend a couple hours at Chocolate World and/or museum
- Go to an Amish market nearby? Maybe drive through Amish country? If it makes better sense to do this before going to Hershey, please tell me.
- Spend night in Harrisburg? Or is there a better place to spend the night?
- Drive to Gettysburg and spend a few hours
- Drive to Luray Caverns and spend an hour or two
- Continue to Williamsburg
I'm not seeking the most direct route. If I did, I'd hit Jersey Shore traffic. I'm aiming for interesting detours that will make the 12+ hour drive more interesting.
We are a family of four (two 8 year old boys).
Your input would be greatly appreciated.