We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Trip 2 nights in Poconos, 3 nights in Dutch country?

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
October Trip 2 nights in Poconos, 3 nights in Dutch country?

Is that a good plan? I would like to see the fall foliage in the mountains and experience all that PA Dutch country has to offer as well.

I'm considering flying into Philadelphia, driving north to the Poconos and staying 2 nights, then winding back south and visiting Harrisburg/ Gettysburg and then heading toward Lancaster County for the rest of the trip. We would fly back out of Philadelphia, OR we could drive south to Baltimore and get a cheaper flight.

Anyone have good rec for a rustic mountain lodge in the Poconos and a nice quaint inn or hotel near Lancaster?

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
1,002 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Trip 2 nights in Poconos, 3 nights in Dutch country?

I think its a very doable trip. I might consider flying back out of Philadelphia, especially if you are renting a car. Generally there are additional charges if you rent a car at one location and you drop it off at another location.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Trip 2 nights in Poconos, 3 nights in Dutch country?

Sounds like a good plan. What sort of things do you enjoy or what sights were you hoping to see? This information will help area posters with suggestions for your visit.

3. Re: October Trip 2 nights in Poconos, 3 nights in Dutch country?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:16