We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meetup for Pittsburgh and Philly friends???

Marlton, NJ
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Meetup for Pittsburgh and Philly friends???

Can anyone suggest a good place for a girls' weekend getaway that would be equi-distant/convenient for those from Pittsburgh and those from Philly?

We'd like a resort/spa or even just a good hotel in a fun and/or interesting atmosphere. We're open to heading over the north and south borders, as well.

Please help!!

Thanks,

Shar

Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meetup for Pittsburgh and Philly friends???

I think the Danville is about half way between Pittsburg and Philaelphia. There are hotels when you get off the interstate 80 exit for Danville. Not a large area but a fun area. You have Elysburg Park just and old fashion amusement park with no admission fee. You can spend the whole day or just a few hours. Hershey is another place that is close for both areas, you have the Hershey Park and tours of the Hershey factory plus many hotels to choose from. Chambersburg is another good area to look further into and you have good hotels and Gettsburg is just down the road. We have been to all these places with another couple for weekend getaways and had a really nice time. Good Luck and Have Fun.....

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meetup for Pittsburgh and Philly friends???

My recommendations would be Hershey Hotel, where one can get a decadent chocolate spa treatment, or a variety of spa services.

There are nice outlet mall stores there, along with the usual Hershey sites.

Other possibilities: Hilton of Harrisburg. This hotel is downtown, and is within walking distance of some excellent restaurants.

Also within walking distance of the Susquehanna River, with excellent river views. On the east side of Harrisburg, consider

Courtyard by Marriott. A very nice hotel on the west side of Harrisburg is the Homewood Suites, just north of the turnpike at the Gettysburg Pike exit. It is located near Camp HIll. Service at this hotel is excellent. It is always clean, with spacious suites. Great breakfast, and they often put out an evening entree, as well!

This hotel would be close to halfway between Philly and Pittsburgh!

If I were driving between Philly and Pittsburgh, I would be taking the PA turnpike rather than I80, to the north!