We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stop with kids between Washington & Hershey?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
261 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stop with kids between Washington & Hershey?

Looking for a place to stop with kids for an hour or two between Washington PA and Hershey PA. Looked at Bedford Ft. Museum but it is closed on the day we will be going through. Would be nice if there were somewhere to grab a quick bite to eat as well, Thoughts?

Thanks!

Julie

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stop with kids between Washington & Hershey?

Well, we have stopped in Bedford for the exact same reason. It's a nice little town with easy parking and a few shops. We went to the Green Harvest Restaurant (I think) and had a reasonably good lunch, although our youngest and pickiest eater was hard-pressed to find something that he liked. It worked and Bedford really has some lovely architecture; however, my kids were not really impressed by architecture and were glad to get back on the road.

I have not been there, but several people I work with have recommended LeTort Park in Carlisle as a fun place to go with kids:

visitcumberlandvalley.com/listings/…

It would be convenient to the Turnpike, although it is somewhat past the halfway point. Lots of places to eat in Carlisle. Although...you may be better off to just keep on driving and get to Hershey sooner. I was just there today on a field trip and it was awesome! :)

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
261 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stop with kids between Washington & Hershey?

Thank you so much for your help!

3. Re: Where to stop with kids between Washington & Hershey?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 06:17