We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in USA??

Lahore, Pakistan
1 post
Save Topic
Shopping in USA??

Hey people i am visiting usa for the first time ... I just need to know that how much money should i take for shopping??? I heard december is the best time for sales?? I wont be buying big brands jus shoes clothes etc from gap oldnavy etc ... Any suggestions please

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
997 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in USA??

Lots of sales. If you look at the online prices for the stores you wish to visit, you will probably be able to find some ideas of prices. Generally at Old Navy t-shirts run $5-10, sweaters $15-30, dresses around $30, jeans around $20. Add about $20 to everything for a Gap Outlet (which is different and less expensive than regular Gap stores). However, there are often sales including 20-40% off everything in the store or specific items at significant discounts.

How much to bring depends on how much you want to buy! Also, if you sign up to get email alerts from the stores, you may get special coupons or notifications of sales. Definitely worth it if you will have a smartphone.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,138 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in USA??

you should bring a lot of money. our economy could use the help. you can ship what you cant carry.

3. Re: Shopping in USA??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 05:16