We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Recommendation?

Stayton, Oregon
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging Recommendation?

We are going to be spending two nights in RI in July. I am looking at two hotel properties... does anyone know anything about either of these?

Knights Inn in Seekonk, MA.

Extended Stay in West Warwick, RI

Should I book either of these or should I keep looking?

Thanks!!

Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Recommendation?

The Knights Inn in Seekonk was the Comfort Inn (still posted on TA) which was the Park Inn which was the Seekonk Inn do you see a pattern here.

Looks like they have done some work to the outside not sure how deep it goes.

It is accessible to a few chain restaurants that you could walk to.

There is an Extended Stay just a mile away in East Providence that is about two years old. it is just off the highway in a decent area but not one within walking distance of anything.

Not familiar with the Warwick ES maybe the people that recommended that area on your last posting can help out

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Recommendation?

If you don't mind me asking, but what will you be in town for?Are you flying in?renting a car?

Just asking so I can give you some ideas on where to stay..

Stayton, Oregon
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Recommendation?

We are driving through Rhode Island on our way to Boston. We intend to visit the mansions in Newport - but don't want to pay the Newport prices. Just want a nice, clean hotel for two nights.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Recommendation?

The Holiday Inn in South Kingsto(w)n sounds like it'd work for you. It looks nicer than many of its relatives, from the outside, and is on Route 138 (the main road to Newport when you're approaching from Connecticut and I-95.) Nearby there is the Eden House B & B, and not far south is Narragansett with its fine beaches and many lodging establishments.

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging Recommendation?

Spens suggestions are great..

You can get a room at

Econo Lodge

1359 W. Main Rd.

Middletown, RI, US

Which is close to Newport and they usually have great rates.This way you can hop right onto route 24 North right up to 93 N. to Boston..