We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in February

Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
what to do in February

Hi all,

We are planning to have 1 day or 2 at Rhode Island in February.

Is there any thing fun during this time?

Thank you

Boston
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do in February

I would like to ask why you are picking only a day or two and why February? I ask because it is Winter then and you might have to adjust to cold, windy, snowy conditions as you walk around the city. Maybe not- the difficulty with New England is the weather- it could be snowy, icy, slippery, uncomfortable or it could be just cold and dry.

Assuming you have no choice in these plans, Providence is a very walkable city with a nice, small art museum, excellent restaurants, and many, many lovely historic buildings on the hill near Brown University. It depends on how you are defining "fun". Are you young college age people, elderly, or somewhere in between? There are a few bars in the city for evening dinner and drinks. It might be better to tell us more about yourself. Or feel free to send me a PM- I live about 20 miles from Prov and go there all the time. I might be able to offer specific recommendations, depending on how you are defining fun.

Jamestown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
938 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do in February

Anywhere in the Northeast is going to be cold, you may get lucky during the 2nd half of Feb, sometimes the weather breaks a bit, but hey it's not Alaska. Providence or Newport are the two main places, Newport has the Winter Festival during February, there is always something going on.

3. Re: what to do in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:16