We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

Hello! I'm in the VERY early phases of planning a trip next summer. We will be in Baltimore for a wedding on June 2, will have a rental car, and would like to find a rental on (or near) the beaches of RI where family/friends that live in surrounding areas can come and visit. We'd like a nice beach house/condo but typically cook when family gets together so don't need tons of shops/restaurants. Newport and the cliff walk sounds quite nice, but looks a bit pricier than we were hoping. We'll most likely fly out of Providence so if anyone has any suggestions for beach towns between NYC and Providence, I'd love to hear them.

And just to give some price perspective...I've briefly reviewed VRBO properties in Newport and Block Island, that were $2500 ish per week for a 2-3 bedroom and not necessarily ON the beach...which is a bit more than I'd like to spend. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Boston...
Level Contributor
817 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

try Narragansett.. and Bonnet Shores.

depending on the proximity to the water, rentals can vary..but typically, you can expect to pay about $500 per bedroom per week... the closer to the water, the higher the rental.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

Also try Charlestown and South Kingstown. I doubt you will get beachfront for under $2500 anywhere in RI, but plenty within walking distance.

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

Check Stanton Realty -- they specialize in beach rentals in the Westerly/Charlestown area.

RI
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

The beginning of June is usually much cheaper, so you can probably find a rental in your desired price range in the Narragansett area. You can check the Sand Hill Cove area, Bonnet Shores or Scarborough Beach area for house rentals. There should be plenty of listings coming out as the college kids will be leaving the Narragansett area in May (University of RI is close by). Good luck in your search and I am sure you will find something terrific.

Boston area
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

Late to this thread. I agree with previous posts, but let me suggest another nearby destination: the Westport area in SE Mass. It's 30 minutes to Providence and Newport. There are a few places that are walking distance to the beach. Horseneck Beach is a terrific beach, but it's mostly car-accessible. Still, you might check it out.

Narragansett is great, no doubt about it. We stayed beachfront on Sand Hill Cove rd last Aug and WAYYYY overpaid for it. But that's the market. Really beautiful beach,though. Durkin Real Estate was a good resource for seasonal rental listings.

6. Re: Quaint RI beaches for vacation rental near the ocean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 04:40