We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independence Trail Tour in Providence.. Highly recommended!

Boston...
Level Contributor
824 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Independence Trail Tour in Providence.. Highly recommended!

Today, I took the opportunity today to do the Independence Tour in Providence...it's been on my to-do list ever since it was founded about a year ago.

The founder and guide, Mr. Bob Burke, sure knows his Providence history.. his knowledge and passion for the city really comes through.

I've lived here most of my life and never noticed 3/4 of what he pointed out.. he makes it fun and educational.

You can take the tour free..self-guided with your cell phone. (go to independencetrails.com)

It's a walking tour and takes about 3 hours from start to finish.

Just a share if you're visiting Providence, are looking for something to do, and are into American history.

Experience Rhode Island Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Providence River Boat Company
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours
Viking Tours of Newport
City Tours, Bus Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
CT
Level Contributor
315 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Independence Trail Tour in Providence.. Highly recommended!

Thanks! We're always looking for new things to do, and free is great!!

2. Re: Independence Trail Tour in Providence.. Highly recommended!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:42