We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly Suggestions

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dog Friendly Suggestions

We are planning a quick getaway this weekend from Boston down to Newport/ Middletown /North Kingston / Narragansett areas - with our dog Eddie. He's going to be in the car with us for a while so we would love to find a beach or area where he could run off leash and play with others dogs. Any suggestions? Any other dog friendly suggestions are welcome too - walks / shops etc

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Friendly Suggestions

Where exactly are you ending up when you get here? Coming down 95 or 24?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Friendly Suggestions

Hi -- We are coming down Rt 24 through Middleton/Newport Friday, staying in North Kingston and planning to tour Narragansett and South County Saturday, returning up through Providence (95) Sunday on the way home.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Friendly Suggestions

None of these places are right on the main roads but we take our dog to 2nd (Sachuest) Beach in Middletown a lot. It is illegal to have them off leash but this time of year nobody ever bothers us. Another good place is the backside of Fort Adams in Newport behind Eisenhower House. Beavertail Park in Jamestown is great too and worth a visit if you've never been. About a ten minute drive from the highway.

I'm kind of new to the dog thing, she came with my girlfriend when she moved in, so I've been learning myself.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Friendly Suggestions

The DEM just put up the plover fencing on the beaches April 1st. If you see a sign about plovers at the beach entrance, don't bring your dogs there. They don't nest on every beach, but I am not sure which are nesting sites and which are not. South Kingstown, next to Narragansett, has a dog park on St Dominic Rd.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog Friendly Suggestions

Thanks for the advice -- we found several dog friendly beaches, we really enjoyed Newport Beach / Easton beach. And we found the dog park on St Dominic Rd -- Great Park!! Good size and lots of dogs to play with.

6. Re: Dog Friendly Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Rhode Island