We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motels near West Kingston

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Motels near West Kingston

Hi, I'm dropping someone to do an overnight at a camp and don't feel like driving back.

Any cheap motels in the West Kingston area?

Thanks

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motels near West Kingston

Well, cheap for RI, I would recommend the Stagecoach House Inn. It's right off exit 3. It's a small place on the Wood River and every room has a fireplace, balcony and Jacuzzi. The owners are the nicest people! This is probably the closest accommodation to West Kingston,, although I can't think of any camp nearby except Yawgoo, which is not in West Kingston. Oh, maybe Jori?

Across the street the Wood River Inn is the favorite gathering place in town. Weekends there are always live bands and during the week they host team trivia, etc. Right next to the highway exit is Ernie T's, which has very good, inexpensive burgers and sandwiches.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54129-d518067-…

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motels near West Kingston

Thank you. I think it's called camp green forest.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Motels near West Kingston

Looks like that's right by university of RI. There's a Holiday Inn at the corner of rt 1 and 138 about 10 minutes away. Hampton inn a few minutes south on rt 1 at South County Commons. Wakefield would be the closest commercial area to search for other places. Nothing will cheap in that area in the summer

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motels near West Kingston

Ok, thanks

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motels near West Kingston

Ok, it was Camp Hoffman. Very pretty ride once off route 4. Decided to come back but will spend a few hours there tomorrow.

Got there with ease but route 4south was bumper to bumper starting at exit 5 around 10:00 am. Thankfully I was going north.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motels near West Kingston

Oh I love Camp Hoffman! I camped there every summer as a girl. I'm sure she will have a wonderful time.

You were witnessing RI beach traffic. It's like that every decent beach day. A later departure for pickup will avoid it. It's usually manageable after noon.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motels near West Kingston

Hi Lauryc

Yes, they loved it. Glad I got there an hour early because they were ready. Stopped at the dunkins nearby and everyone was so friendly. The Kingston train station looks like the one at the Magic Kingdom.

It's a beautiful area.

8. Re: Motels near West Kingston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 07:19