We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place in R.I.: cheap, easy, and with a baby?

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best place in R.I.: cheap, easy, and with a baby?

So my wife and I have a 4 month old, and as you can imagine we're just dying to get out somewhere for an end-of-summer shoreline vacation. We live in southern CT and the distance we can drive before the baby goes ballistic from hunger will be about three hours with stops- this puts us either at the northern Jersey Shore, or Rhode Island.

The only places I've been in Rhode Island are Block Island (been there an incalculable number of times so I'd rather not go again) and Newport (which seems a little pricey). We're looking for any other locations that are:

- Easy to park at the beach without walking a long distance

- A good town with easy parking for eating and shopping with a baby

- Inexpensive and clean to stay, maybe $150/night (we're really not picky when it comes to accomodations)

Thanks for any info!

1. Re: Best place in R.I.: cheap, easy, and with a baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:15