We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you know for the summer a luxury condo rental for 2...

Marseille, France
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do you know for the summer a luxury condo rental for 2...

Hi,

We are a French family with 2 girls 4 and 6 and a newborn. We would like to spend to months in Cape Cod every summer. We did it previously at the Ocean Club in Key Biscayne , Florida in winter, but because of school now, we need to change our plans! It was a condo where the minimum rental time was two months, otherwise only for buy.

We would like to find a luxury condomium where people live (not people on holidays only) and where you can rent a flat for 2 months. We would like it to be on the beach, with tennis, restaurants , firness center, playground and swimmingpools inside. We had that in Florida and we'd like it. It has to be near children day camps or organized activities for children during summer.

Thanks you for your help.

Famille LELOUVIER

Thornton, NH
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you know for the summer a luxury condo rental for 2...

Christele,

I am originally from the Newport area, in fact I went to High school there and one little known fact is the island of Jamestown which is on the other side of the Newport Bridge about a mile from the bridge is "The Bay Voyage Inn" which has rooms and Luxury condo's that can be rented out and also a very nice dining room, it has been named the top Sunday Brunch in the State (including any places in Newport) for several years in a row. It is right on the ocean in fact you can see the Newport bridge and Newport from it. You can also walk along the water to the very charming village of Jamestown which is where I grew up. It has alot of little shops and restaurants, one which is called "Trattoria Simpatico" that has an ourdoor cafe and bar and also a nice dining area inside it has been written up favorably in the local newspapers as one of the better and nicer places to dine. The Inn has an indoor and ourdoor swimming pool and fitness center and they can refer you to day care, I know there are centers on the island. It takes 5 minutes to drive to Newport and 10 minutes to be in the Center of Newport and all of its commodities. The Island is only one mile wide and 10 miles long. You may want to try this I think you may be delighted. I now live in New Hampshire and the reason we had to leave this island is because we could no longer afford to live there because it IS being discovered. But we do still visit friends. But I must say WE LOVE NEW HAMPSHIRE, it has been a life saver. Good luck on your condo search and I hope in some way I have helped.

Cheers,

Susan Lyons

Westerly, Rhode...
Level Contributor
614 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you know for the summer a luxury condo rental for 2...

Bonjour, Christele! I would suggest that you clarify where you want to stay up here in New England. You mention Cape Cod in your post, but you've entered it in the Rhode Island forum. Cape Cod is in another state entirely, Massachusetts. While they're next to each other in the U.S., they may be hours of travel apart, depending on summer traffic and specific destination.

If Rhode Island is indeed your destination, the first places I would look are the Newport/Jamestown and Westerly areas.

Whether it's Rhode Island or Massachusetts, when you let us know exactly where you're thinking of staying, I'm sure we'll be able to help. Bonne chance.